Become a member of Oklahoma Farmers and Ranchers Association Today!!!
OFRA has provided mentoring to new livestock producers for three years. Mentors are paired with mentees based on livestock species, geographic location, and educational need. Farm visits to both mentor and mentee farms occur over a year’s period, with phone conversations in between times to discuss mentees needs and problems. Former mentees have the opportunity to become mentors after at least one year of mentoring with training on the agricultural topic.
OFRA Provides Semi-annual training course in sustainable livestock production that will include monthly workshops on a variety of topics relating to the subject. In addition, six farms are getting individual assistance and will be used as demonstration farms at the end of the year, to be used in the future for these semi-annual training courses.
OFRA membership dues are:
$35.00 Per Family Per Year
$50.00 Per Business Per Year
Benefits of Membership
- Networking with sustainable agriculture producers
- “We’re doing what you want to do” experience
- Trainings at no additional charge
- Opportunities to learn from renowned, outside speakers and educators
- Scholarships to conferences and workshops
- Mentoring opportunities and hands-on support
- Members only section of OFRA website
- Ask a member a technical question
Sustainable livestock production workshops currently being conducted in Wilson (Okmulgee County) and Dover, OK $20 charge for non-members
Contact Arleen Mack or Mike Oakley For More Details
OFRA Membership Application
Right click and “save as” or drag the image below to your desktop to print, fill out and send to us to submit your membership application.